Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I use a professional résumé service?
- What advantages does a professional résumé service offer?
- What should I look for when choosing a professional résumé service?
- What is the cost of a résumé?
- Do you have samples for review?
- What is the process?
- How long will my phone consultation take and are there alternatives to a phone consultation?
- How long will it take to get my résumé?
- What payments options are there?
- Will I be happy with my new résumé?
- What are your refund policies?
Why should I use a professional résumé service?
There's no doubt that a well-crafted résumé is one of the most important tools there is in the job search process. You've often heard that you have just a few seconds to make that great first impression. A professionally prepared résumé helps insure that those few seconds won't be wasted.
What advantages does a professional résumé service offer?
Many of us find that writing about ourselves is one of the most difficult things we've ever had to do, yet a well-written résumé can be critical to our success in finding a new job. A professional résumé writer can help you take the pain out of the process. Here at World Class Résumés, you can be sure that your résumé writer:
- Has the know-how to help you identify accomplishments and uncover the gems in your background.
- Brings needed objectivity to the task of writing your résumé – he or she can weigh the importance of individual skills and accomplishments and decide when and where to incorporate them for best effect in your résumé.
- Is armed with an arsenal of strategies for presenting your experience in the best light possible.
- Has up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and tools for making the most of every background.
- Has the writing skills to pull it all together in a package that will command attention.
Since a résumé, along with the cover letter that presents it, is often the first contact your future employer has with you, make sure you're putting your best foot forward. Put the power of a professional behind you!
What should I look for when choosing a professional résumé service?
We know there are many résumé services for you to choose from. How do you know which one is right for you? We suggest some basic criteria.
- Membership in career-related professional association. There are several noted professional organizations for résumé writers and career coaches, including the Career Thought Leaders, the National Association of Résumé Writers, and the Career Directors International. Is the service you are considering a member of at least one of these prestigious organizations? If so, this is a good indication that they take résumé writing seriously and adhere to a high level of professional standards.
- Certification. Beyond membership in a professional organization, résumé writers can demonstrate their commitment to performance excellence by seeking out certification. There are several certifications available to résumé writers, from the highly prestigious Master Résumé Writer (MRW) certification awarded by the Career Thought Leaders to the the oldest Certified Professional Résumé Writer (CPRW) credential awarded by the Professional Association of Résumé Writers and Career Coaches. Certification is a demonstrable indication that the writer you are choosing is up-to-date on industry standards and has achieved a high level of expertise in résumé writing, as rated by experts in the field.
- Industry recognition/validation. With an active professional community, résumé writers have many opportunities to showcase their talent. For one, résumé writers are often invited to submit samples of their work for consideration for publication in résumé guidebooks. The authors of these guidebooks, usually acknowledged résumé experts, seek out the best examples of résumés and cover letters from writers around the world. That means that acceptance of submitted work is a major achievement for résumé writers. While many talented résumé writers do not feel the need to add this type of recognition to their own résumé, when your résumé writer has gained this type of validation from industry experts, you can be confident that you are putting a proven résumé writer to work for you.
- Compatibility with your needs/work style. Résumé writing is best when it's a collaborate process. Your résumé writer may know the questions to ask and the best way to present information, but he or she depends on you to provide him or her with a clear picture of your goals and accomplishments. And while he or she may be the résumé expert, you'll have important insights to offer as well. This means that it's very important to choose a résumé-writer you trust and are comfortable working with. Successful résumé writers come in all sizes – and they conduct business by various models. Don't hesitate to interview a prospective résumé writer to make sure he or she is one that fits you and your work style.
What is the cost of a résumé?
The cost of a résumé depends on a combination of factors including the number of years of experience you have, the industry you work in, and the level of your targeted position. You can get an immediate ballpark estimate by viewing our services page (click on the blue box at the bottom of the page) or a firm price by requesting a quote. However, before thinking about the cost of a résumé, you should give some thought to its potential value. How much is a résumé worth if you're not working now and your new résumé helps land you a new job in less time than your old résumé could? What about if your new résumé qualifies you for a higher-paying position? It's not hard to think that a winning résumé might be worth tens of thousands of dollars to you. Looking at it in these terms, a professionally-written résumé isn't an expense – it is an investment in your future.
Do you have samples for review?
At World Class Résumés, we want to set the expectation and build your confidence in our ability to deliver a level of excellence that will produce career documents you love and that will get results for you. Therefore, we have chosen to make a representative grouping of résumé samples available for review. You should know that each of the samples presented was custom-crafted for real job-seekers. Further, they are all copyright-protected. Click here to visit our résumé samples page.
What is the process?
We strive to keep the process as easy as possible.
To start, contact us for a free, no-obligation résumé review and/or customized résumé development quote. We will provide feedback and recommendations for your résumé and a quote for résumé development. Once we agree to work together and payment is made, you will be asked to complete a brief Pre-Consultation Worksheet and schedule your personal in-depth consultation.
When your consultation is confirmed, call at the appointed time, and we will speak at length to discuss your career goals, your key strengths, your accomplishments, and your ability to deliver value – essentially your brand. Then we will go to work for you, integrating your skills and accomplishments into a compelling, powerful résumé.
Check your e-mail for proof copies of your new document(s) -- generally delivered as Word files within 5 to 10 business days of our consultation. Review your document(s) and send us any questions or requested revisions. Receive your finalized document(s) -- including a PDF version of your résumé.
How long will my phone consultation take and are there alternatives to a phone consultation?
Phone consultations generally last from 60 to 90 minutes. We understand that not all clients are able to schedule this amount of time during regular business hours or -- in the case of international clients -- willing to take on potentially costly phone charges. For clients who prefer it, we are totally comfortable working the whole process by e-mail and/or fax using custom-designed worksheets.
How long will it take to get my résumé?
Typically, your new résumé will be drafted and delivered within 5 to 10 business days of when we have collected all of your pertinent information. During busy periods, appointments may not be readily available and the time frame for completion may be extended, but you will be notified in advance of expected delays. Rush orders can sometimes be accommodated. If you need your résumé in a hurry, please contact us to check our availability. Additional fees may apply to rush orders.
What payment options are there?
We accept payment by major credit card, check/money order, and PayPal. Because what we do is creative in nature, fees must be paid in advance.
Will I be happy with my new résumé?
Judging from the very favorable feedback we have received our clients over the years, we know that you'll be more than pleased with your new résumé. Please feel free to review our list of testimonials to read the thoughts some of our very satisfied customers have shared.
What are your refund policies?
Fees are paid in advance and are not refundable once creative work has begun. Creative work begins as soon as the phone interview is completed or the résumé development worksheet returned. Orders may be canceled up to the point when creative work begins; however, cancellations are subject to a $100 service fee.